NEWCASTLE 2 LONDON 24
24 - 25 August 2013
Starting out in Gateshead, close to the Metro Centre; at midday the first groups of the 500 strong field will set out on a truly momentous journey – 300 miles south to the finish line near the Olympic Park in London. A true test of endurance cycling – through the day and night, long stretches of flat tarmac on the eastern side of the country, fully supported all the way, food and drink en route and a celebration at the end. This is not a race – its a 24 hour endurance challenge worthy of a Gold Medal!
Free RIDEUK 24 cycling jersey & bike transfers on signing up - click here!
300 miles in 24hrs - stretching across the country from North to South - is the ultimate cycling challenge but with our professional event teams supporting you all the way - arriving in London within the 24 target time is down to you!
- Start: Gateshead, Newcastle - 12pm Saturday.
- Finish: Hackney Marshes, East London - Sunday morning.
- 7 route stages, each approximately 40-45 miles
- Join 500 other riders - through the day and night
- Energy snack stops, x2 hot meals
- Take on the ride as an individual or as a team, spurring each other on
- The route will be led by our own pace riders, with support riders
- Detailed route description and outline timings can be found by clicking here.
Sign up to RIDEUK 24 & get a 15% discount voucher for Evans' Cycles!
Safety & Support
We have over 3 years experience of running the hugely successful London 2 Paris 24 challenge - so we know how to get you across the finish line safely with all the support you need.
- Cycle support guides - pace riders, support guides and back markers
- Full vehicle support - roaming mechanics, medics
- Rest stop support teams - mechanics, medics & masseuses
- Bag transfers to each rest stop
- Rest & recovery buses
- Back-up vehicles & bike transport for retirees
- 24 hour emergency control HQ
- Rider timing and tracking
And it doesn't stop there! There is much more included for before, during and after the challenge. For a full and more detailed list, please click here. Click here to see our optional transfers to ensure your easy join and exit!
Your challenge starts from the moment you sign up - you will receive:
- Access to online resource area
- Invite to a challenge briefing by the Ride UK 24 team
- Training guide - for different experience levels
- Access to discounts off Moonriders night cycles to help you prepare
- Kit & Equipment list
- Monthly e-mail newsletters
- Optional extras - bike and coach transfers to start of the ride
- Tailored event merchandise to buy
- Departure pack 1 month prior to the ride
Joining The Ride
Ride UK 24 is open to anyone what wants to take on the challenge - you can choose to either sign up and fundraise for a charity of your choice - or pay for the cost of your place on the event. Registration is online with an initial deposit payment to secure your place on the event.
Fundraising for charity - Sign up to the challenge and choose to fundraise for a charity which means something to you - we have an ever growing list of charities who you can fundraise for!
- Registration Fee: £99 per rider
- Minimum Sponsorship: £450 per rider
Self funding - Total cost £295 - or £275 if paid in full when signing up to the challenge.
- Registration Fee: £99 per rider
- Balance: £196 due to be paid 8 weeks prior to the event
To find out more about how to sign up to the challenge click here.
Don't miss out on your chance to take on cycling's ultimate challenge
Click here to sign up to the challenge today!