Whether its Manchester or Newcastle to London, RIDEUK 24 requires the right preparation. Both 250 and 300 miles are demands worth training for and we want to assist you. From training to fundraising, we're here to ensure you get everything spot on before you depart for the capital.
Online Participants Area
Upon signing up to the challenge you will have access to an online area of this website where we will issue challenge information.
- Downloads, event info and much more in the lead up to each event
- Kit & Equipment lists, training guides and more to help you prepare
- Regular e-newsletters from the team to keep you updated on the challenge!
- Invite to a rider briefing day held in London for you to meet the team
Plan your Travel
We want to make joining and leaving the challenge as easy as possible, therefore we'll be providing additional transport services for you to book in the lead up to the challenge, to get you and your bike safely to the start line. We're also offering free bike transfers for all! A guide for local hotels close to the start and finish line along with transport info will be issued as well.
anticipate that for an event like RIDEUK 24, you’ll have at least some
experience of road cycling and be of general good fitness. Both rides are tough, and will require commitment to a dedicated training plan which incorporates - long distances, urban cycling, cycling at night and cycling in groups. As a training exercise you will be invited to join one of our Moonriders night 100 km cycle for a discount rate to help you prepare for the challenge! We encourage you to join our RIDEUK 24 Facebook Page to meet others on the event - share your training tips and organise practice rides in your area.
Kit & Equipment
A full and comprehensive equipment and clothing list is supplied when you've signed up, with some items essential and others recommended.
- This is a tough, road cycling challenge and it's recommended that you only undertake the event on a well-maintained and serviced road cycle with slick tyres. It is not suitable for mountain bikes.
- A free RIDEUK 24 cycling jersey will be given to all.
- High vis and bike lights - a must!
- Train with the kit you will be using on the challenge - so buy now!
- RIDEUK 24 shop will be open in the New Year - with branded cycling items.
you’re signing up to fundraise for your chosen charity, then
fundraising will be a big part of your challenge! We know that fundraising can seem difficult to some, but
with the rights tools and preparation, the sky really is the limit for how much
you want to raise!
Your charity will provide
extensive support and encouragement, along with a fundraising pack to help you
reach your targets. Not only that, but we want to help you get there too! Click here to see all our tips and advice to help you fundraise!
We have a forever growing
community online, predominantly through Facebook and Twitter. Here, you can
meet fellow riders prior to the challenge, share tips and advice on training or
fundraising, and maybe even decide to start a team. We’ll be regularly updating
here as well, so stay tuned for all the latest information!
Ready to take on the challenge?
Places are limited - click here to register today!
Copyright © 2013 Action Challenge UK Ltd